Member of the Center for Ubiquitous Computing Xiang Su is organizing a Special session on Intelligent Internet of Things in IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics – SMC 2016, October 9-12, 2016, Budapest, Hungary. Other co-organizer is Associate Professor Yuhong Li from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (China).
Internet of Things (IoT) has been considered as an important technological revolution for smart systems, such as smart city, smart transportation, smart home, and smart factories. In such systems, it is critical to design and implement architectures, methods, and algorithms to collect and process large amount of IoT data, and ultimately enable decision making for IoT-enabled systems. The goal of this special session is to address these challenges in order to develop intelligent IoT systems for effectively processing real-time big IoT data and managing future IoT systems in a large scale. We would suggest the following topics but are not limited to:
• IoT system design methodologies
• Big data processing in IoT systems
• Software platforms and middlewares in IoT systems
• Data processing latency and real-time IoT applications.
• IoT test bed and experiment experiences in smart cities, smart transportation systems, smart home, etc.
• Energy efficiency and green networking
• Human in the loop in IoT systems
– Paper submissions due: April 15, 2016
– Notification of acceptance: May 25, 2016
– Camera-ready copy due: July 9, 2016
– Conference date: October 9-12, 2016
Manuscripts for a Special Session should NOT be submitted in duplication to any other regular or special sessions and should be submitted to SMC 2016 main conference online submission system on SMC 2016 conference website.
All submitted papers of Special Sessions have to undergo the same review process (three completed reviews per paper). The technical reviewers for each Special Session paper will be members of the SMC 2016 Program Committee and qualified peer-reviewers to be nominated by the Special Session organizers.
Further details (paper template) and the on-line submission form are available on www.smc2016.org website.