This pages introduces various resources related to our research, including our research infrastructure and tools, platforms and data sets we have contributed to.
Social networks and graph theory
- Co-word analysis algorithms implemented in R. The bundle includes the source code, input data, and output figures/statistics. The analysis pipeline was initially designed in citation 1, and implemented for citation 2: [bibtex key=Liu:Chi:2014,Liu:Ubicomp:2014]
- Temporal graphs algorithms implementated in R. The bundle includes variants of the algorithms optimised for RAM, CPU, or hard disk space (depending on the size of the network you want to analyse). Citation: [bibtex key=kostakos2009temporal]
- A social network analysis primer. If you are interested to find out why social network analysis can be useful for HCI researchers, read: [bibtex key=Liu:AcmTransactionsOnComputerHumanInteraction:]
- AWARE: a middleware for context aware computing on smartphones. Citations: [bibtex key=Ferreira:Mobilehci:2014,ferreira2013revisiting,Ferreira:2013:UMI:2494091.2496043]
- SAWA: a middleware for context aware computing on desktops. Citation: [bibtex key=faria2012scalable]
- CrisisTracker: an online platform that tracks crises reports on Twitter in realtime [source]. Citation: [bibtex key=Rogstadius:IbmJournalOfResearchAndDevelopment:2013]
- Geotrafics: A geographic traffic visualization tool for exploring vehicular traffic patterns in Oulu. Citations: [bibtex key=juntunen2012web,kostakos2013traffic]
- Synthetic images of blood cells infected with malaria. These were used in the experiments described in: [bibtex key=rogstadius2011assessment,Goncalves:2013:CSA:2493432.2493481]
- Database of facial expression images. For this material email one of the co-authors. These images were used in citation: [bibtex key=Hosio:Uist:2014]
- Do-it-yourself Bluetooth scanning and instructions.
- Bluestation: A distributed Bluetooth capture-dissemination infrastructure written in Perl for Unix-like systems. Citation:
- FastBlueScanner: A C Bluetooth scanner optimised for multi-dongle scanning and name-requesting. Citation: [bibtex key=o2006instrumenting,kostakos2010brief]
- CitywareScanner: A Java Bluetooth scanner for multi-platform support. Uses a single dongle, optimised for running on multiple platforms. Citation: [bibtex key=Kostakos:2010:MFL:1906497.1907517]
- ScanningDemo: A Java Bluetooth scanning demo with a realtime social network visualisation. Citation: [bibtex key=Kostakos:2008:UEG:1358628.1358890]