Fab Academy is a 5-month training program taking place from mid-January to June where students will learn how to envision, prototype and document their ideas through many hours of hands-on experience with digital fabrication tools in a program conducted by Neil Gershenfeld, director of MIT’s Center For Bits and Atoms. During the program a student will acquire a diversity of skills like web development, project management, 2D and 3D computer-aided design, electronics design and production, 3D printing, laser cutting, embedded programming. At the end of the program, the student is capable of mastering the entire process of digital fabrication, demonstrating this capability by creating and presenting a functional prototype that encompasses different functionalities learned during the training.
The graduate of the program receives a Fab Academy Diploma awarded by the Fab Academy.
Fab Lab Oulu is one of the labs /nodes in Finland that provides the local training and support for Fab Academy Diploma.
Registration fee is 7000$. Some faculties of the University of Oulu might fund totally or partially the fee.
- Learn more about Fab Academy at: http://www.oulu.fi/fablab/fabacademy and http://fabacademy.org/
- Apply for the Fab Academy Diploma by filling the online form (Deadline 25th December 2017)
- After a few weeks, the lab/node you selected (in this case Fab Lab Oulu) will review your profile and inform the Central Coordination about the results of the selection.
- If the lab/node approves your application, the Central Coordination will send you an Acceptance Letter with payment instructions.
If you have any questions regarding the enrolling to the Fab Academy program in Fab Lab Oulu you can reach us:
- Via email to Jani Ylioja
- Visiting our Fab Lab premises
- Contacting us through social networks: you can use either Facebook (fablaboulu) or Twitter (@fablab_oulu)
There will be an information event on 20.11.2017 16:00 – 18:00 @fablaboulu
For further information go to: http://www.oulu.fi/fablab/fabacademy